Wheat sauce pasta spiralli…
Pasta is an Italian food loved by our dear kids and the grown ups too… Pasta is a dish made with unleavened dough and tossed up with veggies and sauces and topped with loads of cheese on it. The sauces are generally white sauce (made with refined flour and milk) or the red sauce(made with tomatoes,etc). These days the vegan sauce is also made or the green sauce is made with green vegetables.
Well!!! the white sauce pasta is made with refined flour/maida and is really loved by kids and adults too. Our idea is to eliminate the refined flour from our diet as it is harmful for ones health. Adding lots of cheese and mayonnaise in the pasta gives it a delectable taste and fills it with lots of calories which are harmful for adults and even for the kids too.
Today, I have prepared white sauce pasta made with wheat flour and having goodness of veggies. I have not used mayonnaise and just a little sprinkle of cheese is done to attract the kiddos.
- Pasta (of any shape)- 250 gms
- Red bell peppers chopped- 1/2 cup
- Yellow bell pepper juliennes- 1/2 cup
- Baby corn chopped- 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour- 1 cup
- Milk- 3 cups
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Chili flakes- 1 tsp
- Oregano- 1 tsp
- Black pepper- 2 tsp
- Rock salt- 2 tsp
- Grated cheese(optional)- 2 tsp
- Boil pasta spiralli in a pan with a little olive oil and pinch of salt. Check the pasta, if it can be cut with spoon then the pasta is done. Strain in a strainer. Immediately wash the pasta in cold water so that they do not stick to each other and strain in a strainer and toss with little oil.
- Meanwhile, take a non stick pan and add wheat flour to it. Sauté for 2-3 minutes and then put olive oil in it. Mix nicely to give a crumbly consistency. If you don’t have olive oil you can use desi ghee/clarified butter(2tsp).
- Now sauté the wheat flour till it gives a nutty flavor.
- Now add milk to it and keep on stirring in order to avoid lump formation.
- Now add chili flakes, Rock salt(1tsp), black pepper(1tsp) and oregano(1/2 tsp) to it and mix nicely.
- Keep the sauce aside.
- Put all the chopped veggies in hot water for around 4-5 minutes and take them out and strain them in a strainer.
- Now heat olive oil in a non stick pan and and saute the veggies in it. When the veggies turn little softer then add boiled pasta to it and toss with the vegetables. add little salt and toss.
- Add white sauce to the pan. add oregano and black pepper to the pasta.
- Top with some grated cheese and chopped veggies.
- Serve steamy hot.
- The boiling of pasta has to be done carefully.
- Onions can also be added as per your choice.
- Adjust the salt content as per your taste.
- More veggies can be used as per ones taste.
- Use of cheese is completely optional.