Summers are approaching and to quench our thirst we need to drink cold drinks, mocktails etc. Punches are also very common and are healthy to drink. Punches are the drinks made with a variety of fruits and they are blended together along with ice to make a smooth drink.
Fruit punches are very healthy to drink as they keeps the nutritional quotient intact and are the best ways to eliminate fancy market packed fruit juices and cold drinks.
Today, I have prepared a fruit punch with watermelon(most staple fruit during summers) and kiwi. I have added normal spices to blend its taste and to even use it during fasting days. You can also use soda to make it a fancier drink.
Benefits of watermelon:
- Helps You Hydrate.
- Contains Compounds That May Help Prevent Cancer.
- May Improve Heart Health.
- May Lower Inflammation and Oxidative Stress.
- May Help Prevent Macular Degeneration.
- May Help Relieve Muscle Soreness.
- Is Good for Skin and Hair.
- Can Help Improve Digestion.
Benefits of kiwi:
- High Source of Vitamin C.
- Sleep Inducer.
- Good Source of Dietary Fiber.
- Helps in Digestion.
- Good Source of Folate.
- Powerhouse of Vitamins and Minerals.
- Beautiful Skin.
- Watermelon- 250gms
- Kiwi fruit- 2 nos
- Red pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- Rock salt- 1 tsp
- Ice cubes- 4-5 nos
- Soda- optional
- Finely chop watermelon slices. Put it into a sieve and strain it so that all the seeds should get separated and remained in the strainer and the pulp is collected in the bowl.
- Now peel and chop kiwi fruit.
- In a jar add ice cubes, Watermelon pulp and chopped kiwis and blend them properly.
- Add all the spices and mix thoroughly.
- At this stage you can add soda to give it a fancier look.