Tandoori Soya Chaap….
Yet another exciting, delectable street food recipe directly from my work station. A great street food from Northern India mainly found across the by-lanes of Delhi-NCR. Whenever we pass by those lanes a great tempting and tandoori aroma comes to our heart- The Tandoori Soya Chaap…
It is yet another exciting recipe made from the soya chaap sticks. For the recipe of soya chaap sticks visit the link:(Soya Chaap sticks…)
The other recipes from soya chaap are.. Masala chaap(Masala soya chaap..), malai chaap, chaap curry., etc.
Hung curd: 1 cup
Capsicum: 1 large sized
Ginger: 2 inch pcs
Crushed garlic: 2 tsp
Chopped green chilies: 2 tsp
Tandoori masala powder: 2 tsp
Kasuri methi: 1 tbsp
Pudina powder: 1 tsp
All spice powder/garam masala powder: 1 tsp
Cumin/jeera powder: 1 tsp
Asafoetida: pinch of
Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp powder
Turmeric/haldi powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt: 1 tsp
Onion powder: 1 tsp
Soya chaap sticks: 3-4 nos.
Roughly chopped onions: 2 large sized
Salt: as per taste
Water: 1/4 cup
oil: 1 tbsp
1. Take the chaap stick and take it out from the stick.
2. Now cut it into roundels or in vertically and take out the chaap.
3. Now wash the capsicum thoroughly and apply some oil on it. Put it over the flame and roast it until the skin turns black.
4. Take it out the burner and peel its skin and grind it in the grinder.
5. Along with the capsicum, grind ginger, garlic and hung curd to a fine paste.
6. Take out the paste from the grinder and add rest of the ingredients to it which are mentioned under the marination list. Mix everything thoroughly.
7. Now add chaap to the marinade and marinate it for around 1-1.5 hour.
8. After 1.5 hour, roast the chaap well either in the otg oven at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes in a preheated oven or in a pan.
9. Now take a pan and add some oil to it.
10. Add onions and salt to the pan and roast on a high flame.
11. Add some marinade to the pan and also add some water. take a boil.
12. Now add the chaap pieces into the pan and give a nice stir. Cover the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
13. Serve with green dip/chutney and onion rings.