suji ka halwa | suji sheera | semolina pudding
Sweets are a welcome treat for our taste buds every time. We Indians are really super obsessed for sweets. Desserts are the main part our celebrations and festivals. We just need bahanas for eating sweets. One such sweet which is very easy peasy to prepare and is definitely liked by everyone of us is “Suji ka Halwa”.
Suji halwa also known as suji ka sheera or rava kesari.. is one of the widely eaten sweet dish and is mainly prepared at the time of navratrtis as kanjak prashad paired with kala chanas. Halwas are actually health boosters and are given to the kids for their proper growth and development. The desi ghee/clarified butter used in making of halwa has great health benefits.
Benefits of Desi ghee/clarified butter:
It promotes healthy weight loss.
It strengthens the immune system.
It aids in bone development.
It helps in brain development.
Benefits of suji/semolina:
Suji aids in healthy muscles.
It improves heart health and prevents anaemia, controls over eating, early bowel movement, improves immunity, boost energy, helps in weight loss.
Suji/semolina: 1 cup
Desi ghee/clarified butter: 3 tbsp
Water: 4 cups
Saffron strands: 4-5 threads soaked in hot water
Chopped almonds: 1 tbsp
Raisins: 8-10 nos.
Cardamom powder: 1 tsp
1.Heat a pan and dry roast suji till it slightly changes color.
2. Now as it starts changing color add desi ghee to the pan and roast the suji until it turns golden brown as shown in the picture.
3. Heat water in a pan and bring it to boil. Add saffron water also.
4. Add boiling water to the roasted suji and stir it continously until the halwa leaves the sides of the pan.
5. Now add sugar and cardamom powder to the halwa and stir continuously until the sugar is completely dissolved.
6. Add chopped nuts and serve hot.