spring garlic pickle
Winters!!!! I love them!!! coz they give us lots of greens to eat. One such green which according to me is not much popular among people are the ‘SPRING GARLIC’. really speaking this is one of the most amazing greens which I had during winters and it is so versatile that it can be used in making pickles, paranthas, vegetable and as seasoning also..
Spring garlic pickle is a very easy peasy recipe and is made with very simple steps and with little ingredients. It can be stored in refrigerator for around 15 days.
Spring garlic: 250 gms
Mustard oil: 4 tbsp
Fennel seeds: 3 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Red chili powder: 2.5 tsp
Dry mango powder: 1 tsp
Salt: 1 tsp
1. Wash the spring garlic and dry them thoroughly. Chop them thoroughly as shown in the pic.
2. Heat a wok and add oil to it.
3. Splutter fennel seeds to the oil.
4. Add spring garlic to the oil and sauté for about 2-3 minutes until it becomes soft.
5. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, dry mango powder and salt to the wok.
6. Cover with a lid and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Serve with roti or parantha.