pav bhaji recipe
Pav bhaji is a famous street food locally served by the street vendors and also served by numerous restaurants.
Bhaji is a spiced curry made with mixed vegetables and served with butter laden ladi pav or buns. This is the most easy way of preparing the bhaji in pressure cooker.
Potato: 2 large sized
Cabbage: 250 gms
Green peas: 500 gms
Radish: 3-4 medium sized
Carrot: 2-3 medium sized
Capsicum: 2-3 large sized
Cauliflower: 250 gms
Grated ginger: 3 tbsp
Chopped green chilies: 3 tbsp
Chopped green coriander: 1 cup
Chopped tomatoes: 2 cups
Chopped onions: 2 cups
Coriander powder: 2 tbsp
Roasted cumin powder: 1 tsp
All spice powder: 1 tsp
Red chili powder: 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Pav bhaji masala: 3-4 tbsp
Butter: 100 gms
Salt: as per taste
Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
Ladi pav/ buns
1. Chop all the vegetables.,(potato, cabbage, raddish, cauliflower) as shown in the pic.
2. Take a pressure cooker and add all the chopped vegetables and green peas to it. Add salt, turmeric powder and 1/2 glass water to the cooker. Simmer the cooker after one(1) whistle, cook for another 15-20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile prepare the tempering. In a pan heat butter and add chopped onions and chopped capsicum to it. Add chopped green chilies and grated ginger also. Add coriander powder, all spice powder, red chili powder and roasted cumin powder to it.
4. Sauté for few minutes until they are soft and then add chopped tomatoes to it. Cook everything until the tomatoes are soft.
5. Now open the pressure cooker and with the help of pav bhaji masher, mash all the vegetables thoroughly.
6. Now mix the mashed vegetables to the tempering and add pav bhaji masala to it. Mix thoroughly, keep the flame on simmer mode and mash the veggies thoroughly.
7. Add chopped coriander and generous amount of butter to it.
Serving of pav bhaji:
1. Take ladi pav and cut them from middle.
2. Put some butter on the tawa and roast the pav.
3. Now put some butter on the tawa again and add some bhaji on it and add little pav bhaji masala. Mix everything well.
4. Serve with chopped onions and lemon juice.