Orange mint cooler..
Summers calls for drinking lots of liquid drinks namely mocktails, cold drinks, lemon water, buttermilk, squashes etc. The first marketed soft drink appeared in the 17th century as a mixture of water and lemon juice sweetened with honey. Since 17th century we are drooling over variety of flavorful drinks.
We bought market packed squashes which are loaded with lots of synthetic ingredients which are sometimes harmful for ones health. At home, we can prepare variety of drinks and we can make them atleast 50% healthier than the market bought packed drinks.
Today, I have tried to prepare a drink made with fresh oranges and mint leaves blended with mild spices.
- Orange whole- 2nos
- Mint leaves- 10-15 nos
- Lemon- 2tsp
- Sprite- 500 ml
- Rock salt- 1tsp
- Black salt- 1tsp
- Black pepper- 1tsp
- Roasted cumin powder- 1/2tsp
- Chaat masala powder- 1/2tsp
- Fresh ginger juice- 1/2tsp
- Ice cubes
- Take the orange and remove the top covering of it.
- Now take a spoon and scoop out the pulp of orange with the help of spoon as shown in the pic.
- Now collect the pulp and juice in a glass. Make sure to remove the seeds from the pulp with spoon only. Do not strain otherwise the pulpy feel will get away.
- Wash thoroughly the mint leaves and muddle them in a muddler.
- Take a glass tumbler and pour in the orange pulp, lime juice, fresh ginger juice, muddled mint leaves and all the spices. Mix them thoroughly.
- Now to the tumbler add the sprite from the sides slowly. Put some crushed ice cubes as per your choice.
- Serve chilled in sunny summers.