oats vegetable pancake
A pancake is a flat cake, often thin and round, prepared from a starch-based batter that may contain eggs, milk and butter and cooked on a hot surface such as a griddle or frying pan, often frying with oil or butter. Archaeological evidence suggests that pancakes were probably the earliest and most widespread cereal food eaten in prehistoric societies.
Pancakes can be savory or sweet depending on the choice of batter. The pancakes made by me are savory and are full of health and nutrition. They are filled with oats, curd and lots of vegetables.
Rolled oats: 2 cups
Curd: 1 cup
Water: 2 cups
Shredded cabbage: 1 cup
Chopped capsicum: 1/2 cup
Chopped spring onions: 1 cup
Chopped coriander: 1/2 cup
Chopped green chili: 1 tbsp
Red chili powder: 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
Asafoetida: pinch of
Salt: as per taste
Oil: 1 tbsp
1. Take curd in a bowl and add rolled oats to it. Mix them thoroughly.
2. Keep the mixture for around 30 minutes so that the oats should be softened up.
3. Now take a wok and heat oil in it and add all the vegetables and saute them for few minutes. Add all the dry spices to the chopped vegetables and saute again for few minutes until the spices are cooked.
4. Now cool the veggie mixture.
5. Add water to the Oats batter, stir nicely and keep it little thick. Add the vegetable mixture to the Oats batter.
6. Heat a non stick tawa and pour a ladle of batter on the tawa and spread it to make a pan cake. Roast from both the sides and serve hot with tomato ketchup and coriander chutney.