oats sauce pasta | white sauce pasta
Pasta is a food loved by people of all the age groups. I have learnt many recipes of pasta. Pasta is basically made with lots of cheese, all purpose flour/maida, milk, and sometimes mayonnaise. But maida/all purpose flour is really a health hazard as it has many negative effects.
—-Demerits of all purpose flour/maida:
Maida is a slow poison. First direct effect of maida is that it spikes up your sugar levels because it has very high glycemic index.
Refined flour will also lead to peptic ulcer and gall bladder disease.
Numerous dishes are made with maida so it is a versatile flour and we are not against with its usage. But overuse may degenerate one’s body.
So I prepared pasta with wheat flour and now I just thought of making it with a new variation. so I used rolled oats flour for the preparation of the sauce for pasta.
The preparation of sauce is same as the sauce made with wheat flour. The recipe of wheat sauce pasta is posted by me earlier
Wheat sauce pasta-(https://piquantplate.com/2018/03/28/wheat-sauce-pasta-spiralli/).
The steps are also similar for oats flour pasta as for wheat flour pasta. So in my recipe today I am not sharing the step by step pictorial description. The only difference lies here is in wheat sauce pasta i have used pasta spiralli and oats flour pasta I have used macaroni.
Pasta (of any shape)- 250 gms
Red bell peppers chopped- 1/2 cup
Yellow bell pepper juliennes- 1/2 cup
Baby corn chopped- 1/2 cup
Rolled oats: 2 cups
Milk- 3 cups
Olive oil- 1 tbsp
Chili flakes- 1 tsp
Oregano- 1 tsp
Black pepper- 2 tsp
Salt- 2 tsp
1. Firstly, we have to prepare the oats flour. Take rolled oats and grind them in a mixer grinder to a fine powder. Strain it with a fine sieve to prepare a fine oats flour.
2. Now boil the pasta in a pan and add little oil and salt to it.
3. Prepare the sauce. Heat a pan and add olive oil to it. Add the rolled oats and saute them until they turns nutty.
4. Add milk to the sautéed flour and stir it continuously.
5. Add salt and oregano to the sauce and give a nice stir.
6. Heat another pan and add oil to it. Saute the vegetables until they turns soft. Add the boiled pasta and sauce to it. Add the seasoning and give a nice stir.
7. Check the seasoning and serve hot.
For pictorial description of this recipe please refer to the recipe for wheat sauce pasta.
Recipe link: https://piquantplate.com/2018/03/28/wheat-sauce-pasta-spiralli/