mango royal falooda
Falooda also known as Faludah, Flooda or Faludaah is a cold dessert of Indian origin. Traditionally, it was prepared with vermicelli, Sweet basil seeds or sabja seeds, rose syrup and ice cream. The Faloodah can be prepared with mawa kulfi or with any other ice cream. The vermicelli used in making Faloodah is prepared by using cornflour, arrowroot or sago.
Today I am sharing the recipe of ROYAL MANGO FALOODAH which is prepared by adding rose syrup, vermicelli, mawa kulfi, mango fruit chunks, sweet basil seeds, etc. In preparing this ROYAL FALOODA, I have used homemade MAWA KULFI. THE RECIPE LINK OF THE SAME IS Mawe ki kulfi/rabri kulfi… To know the recipe of the kulfi please see the recipe in the link above.
Mawa kulfi/any other kulfi: 2 nos.
Vermicelli: 1/2 cup
Sweet basil seeds/sabja seeds: 2 tbsp
Rose syrup: 1/2 cup
Chopped mango: 1 cup
Saffron soaked milk: 1/2 cup
Full fat milk: 1 cup
Sugar balls: 1 tsp
Tutti fruity: 1 tbsp (optional)
1. Boil some water and add vermicelli to it in order to boil it. Let it boil for 4-5 minutes and then strain it in strainer. After straining, put the boiled vermicelli in ice cold water.
2. Soak the sabja seeds in 1 cup of water until they doubles in volume.
3. Take a clear long glass and assemble the faloodah.
4. Put some vermicelli in it. Now put some rose syrup. Add few mango chunks over the rose syrup. Now add some vermicelli again. Add some saffron milk to it. Now add sabja seeds and pieces of kulfi. Add some rose syrup to the milk and then add the rose milk over the kulfi. Top it with mango chunks, sugar candies and some tutti fruitties.
5. Put in freezer for 15 minutes. Serve chilled.