Makhaniya aloo palak- without onion,garlic n butter……
Aloo palak is a very famous classic vegetable prepared with simple ingredients, with or without gravy.
The Makhaniya Aloo Palak vegetable prepared by me is made without onion and garlic and the makhaniya term here does not indicate Malai, Butter, or Cream. The makhan consistency comes here from the creaminess of curd made with full cream milk.
The consistency here resembles the gravy of palak paneer and the palak paneer can be made guilt free in the same way as this vegetable is prepared.
The vegetable prepared here is made with lots of spices and curd with little amount of ghee/clarified butter. The delectable delicacy prepared has lots of flavors and is guilt free to eat with roti, parantha or rice.
Benefits of potato/aloo:
- The iron, phosphorous,calcium,magnesium and zinc in potatoes all help the body to build and maintain bone structure and strength. Iron and zinc play crucial roles in the production and maturation of collagen.
- The potato’s fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 content, coupled with its lack of cholesterol all support heart health.
- Choline is an important and versatile nutrient that is present in potatoes. It helps with muscle movement, mood, learning, and memory.
- Potatoes contain folate. Folate plays role in DNA synthesis and repair, and so it prevents many types of cancer cells from forming due to mutations in the DNA.
- The fiber content in potatoes helps prevent constipation and promote regularity for a healthy digestive tract.
Benefits of spinach:
Low in fat and even lower in cholesterol, spinach is high in niacin and zinc, as well as protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese.
Benefits of curd:
Curd contains live bacteria and is a best probiotic agent. These good and beneficial bacteria are known to improve gut activity, soothe inflamed digestive systems and treat an upset stomach
- Baby potato/aloo- 8-10 pieces
- Spinach/palak- 350 gms
- Tomato- 2 medium sized
- Chopped green chili- 1 tsp
- Grated ginger- 1tsp
- Red chili powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander/dhaniya powdere- 2 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Clarified butter/desi ghee- 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Roasted jeera powder- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida/hing- pinch of
- Bay leaves- 2-4 nos
- Dried red chillies- 2-3 nos
- Curd- 4-5 tbsp
- Black pepper- 1 tsp
- Chili flakes- 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander- 1 tbsp
- Water- as required
- Peel baby potatoes and keep them in water so that they should not get oxidized.
- Now take a fork and prick the baby potatoes from all the sides in order to make holes in it so that the seasoning should completely reach the middle of potatoes.
- Now for marinating the potatoes, take 2 tbsp of curd in a bowl and add black pepper, chili flakes and salt to it. Mix it thoroughly and coat the potatoes with this marinate and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, do other preparations.
- Wash spinach thoroughly 2-3 times and strain the excess water.
- Finely chop spinach and keep aside.
- Take a pressure cooker and add ghee to it.
- In warm ghee, add bay leaves, dried red chilies. Now add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add roasted jeera powder.
- Add a pinch of hing to the ghee. Now add chopped tomatoes and cook them until they get softened. Now add chopped green chilies.
- Now add chopped spinach to the pressure cooker and add all the dry spices namely red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Give it a nice stir. Now, add 1 tbsp of curd to the spinach mix and stir continuously. Add grated ginger to it.
- Add 1 cup of water and keep stirring.
- After 2-3 minutes of stirring you will see oil coming on the surface. At this point of time, add the marinated potatoes to the spinach mix.
- Mix everything thoroughly and now add the remaining 1 tbsp of curd to it and keep stirring.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cover the cooker.
- Cook until 2 whistles come on a higher flame and then on a simmer flame cook for another 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the flame and let the cooker cools down.
- Open the lid and check the potatoes. Take out one potato and cut with a spoon, if it is cut easily then the vegetable is done. otherwise cook for another 5 minutes under pressure.
- Whip a liitle of curd and pour over the vegetable.
- Serve it with roti, rice or parantha.
- This vegetable is full of nutrients as it it having goodness of spinach, coriander, curd and spices.
- The curd used here will provide it a creamy consistency and also make a base for the vegetable.
- As we have not used any cream or butter so it is a healthy recipe in itself.
- Baby potaoes are used to take it to a different dimension. Marination of potatoes has worked out as icing on the cake for this recipe.
- Normal sized potatoes can also be used. They can be cut into pieces before marination.
- You can adjust the amount of chili in the dish.
- The benefits of ingredients are referred from internet.