Everyone must be busy these days with the diwali preparations and must not be having time to prepare something which your kids will relish. Kids have lots of tantrums and are bored of eating normal roti sabji daily in their diet.
So for the busy mums i have got a new recipe which would definitely be loved by their kids, “Macaroni Raita”.
Raita or plain curd is an important accompaniment of our daily lunch.
Curd has lot of probiotic properties and it improve digestion, boost immunity, good for teeth and bones ,release stress and anxiety.
Macaroni is a form of pasta and is loved by kids a lot. They can carry this raita in their school lunch boxes.
My motto was to make a simple yet relishing recipe for the kids and hence i have not added much ingredients in it.
Coriander/ hara dhaniya is a must for this dish as it adds color and taste to the dish.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- Macaroni- 1 cup
- Curd- 2.5 cups
- Salt- as per taste
- Chilli flakes- a pinch of
- Coriander- 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli- 1 pc
- Pudina powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Roasted Jeera powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper- a pinch of
- Oil- 1/2 teaspoon
- Black mustard seeds- 1/4 teaspoon
- Take macaroni and boil it in a pan.
- Boil it for around 10 minutes. You will see macaroni increasing in size.
- Stir once or twice while boiling it so that it will not stick to the pan.
- Now take out one piece of macaroni and cut it with spoon. If it cuts out easily then the boiling of macaroni is done.
- Now strain the macaroni and wash it with cold water so that each one of it separates out.
- Now take curd in a bowl and blend it.
- Add macaroni in curd.
- Now add all the spices in the curd.
- Add a tempering made of oil and mustard seed in it to add taste to it.
- Add chopped green chillies, red chilli flakes and chopped coriander to it.
- Keep it in referigerator for 15 minutes.
- Serve chilled
1. Add little oil and pinch of salt in pan while boiling macaroni.
2. After straining macaroni it is very important to wash it with cold water so to avoid sticking of macaroni to each other.
3. While adding tempering, first make it and cool it and then add it to the curd.
If the tempering is added super hot then it will curdle the curd and will spoil the raita.