lauki ka cheela | bottleguard pancakes
A pancake is a flat cake, often thin and round, prepared from a starch-based batter that may contain eggs, milk and butter and cooked on a hot surface such as a griddle or frying pan, often frying with oil or butter. I tried my hands on Pancakes made with adding grated bottleguard in order to make them healthy and full of nutrients as bottleguard helps in weight loss, treats heart diseases, cures tummy trouble. It also relieves stress.
Recipe for lauki ka cheela
Grated lauki: 2 cups
Gram flour/besan: 1 cup
Freshly chopped coriander: 1/2 cup
Ajwain: 1 tsp
Saunf seeds: 1 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Red chili powder: 1 tsp
Haldi powder: 1/2 tsp
Anardana powder: 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
Pudina powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt: as per taste
Oil: 1 tbsp
Curd: 1/2 cup
You can add any other vegetable of your choice too.
1. Mix grated lauki with besan thoroughly. Make sure no lumps remain.
2. Leave for around 10 minutes. The lauki will leave its water in time making the batter sticky.
3. Now add curd to it and stir thoroughly for around 2-3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile prepare the tempering. Heat oil and mustard seeds in it.
Add the tempering to the batter.
5. Now add all the spices and remaining ingredients to the batter. Stir it thoroughly. Keep the batter aside for 10 minutes.
6. Heat a non stick pan and pour the batter on it.
7. Spread the batter in a clockwise direction as we do for dosa or cheela. You need to be quick while spreading the batter as it is a little sticky batter. Roast from both the sides. You can use oil while roasting.
I did not used the oil.
8. Take out the cheela from the pan and serve hot.