kesar badam sharbat| how to make kesar badam sharbat
A super delicious, an immunity boosting drink relished by people of all age groups. The ‘KESAR BADAM SYRUP’ has all the goodness of saffron and almonds. It gives a cooling effect to the body when taken with cold milk and provides warmth to the body when served with hot milk. Thus, all in all it is a complete package and can be enjoyed during summers and winters too. Also Saffron and almonds are the great immunity boosters as they are high in antioxidants and rich in essential nutrients like proteins, magnesium and fibres. They help in improving body functions and maintains body blood pressure.
Badam/almonds: 95-100 nos.
Kesar/saffron strands: 12-15 nos.
Cardamom powder: 2 tsp
Black pepper powder: 1.5 tsp
Granulated sugar: 3 cups
Water: 2 cups
1. Soak almonds in luke warm water for around 4-5 hours.
2. Take half cup of luke warm water and add saffron strands, black pepper powder and cardamom powder to it. Soak for around 1 hour.
3. After 4 hours, peel the almonds.
4. Put the almonds in the mixer grinder and grind them thoroughly. Use little water for grinding the almonds to a fine paste.
5. Heat a pan and add sugar and water to it. Let the sugar dissolves completely. As soon as the sugar dissolves, add the saffron water mixture to the sugar syrup. Bring it to boil.
6. Add the almond paste to the sugar syrup and mix it thoroughly. Bring the mixture to boil. Stir the mixture continuously for around 8-10 minutes on a simmer flame. Continuous stirring is very important otherwise the mixture will stick to the bottom of the pan.
7. Turn off the gas flame and let the mixture cool down completely. Kesar badam syrup is ready. Pour the mixture in clean glass bottles, cover them and store in the refrigerator.
8. You can now use it directly. Pour 1 tablespoon of syrup and blend it with milk (hot or cold) to prepare a frothy kesar badam shake.