Kesar badam roll| how to make kesar badam roll
Diwali or deepavali is a time of celebration. Festivities play an important part in ones life. During festive times, we take out tie from our busy monotonous schedules and do different things. Diwali is one such special festival which is celebrated for almost 20-25 days including cleaning of houses, lots of shopping,etc. One more important task during diwali festival is preparing lots of snacks including sweets and savories. Every year I prepare lots of savory and sweet snacks during diwali. This time I tried my hands on ‘KESAR BADAM ROLLS’ which is mainly prepared with Lots of almonds. This sweet has a goodness of almonds in it. Kids who don’t like to eat whole almonds, this is a good alternative for them.
Whole almonds: 1 cup
Granulated sugar: 1/2 cup
Water: 3/4 cup
Milk powder/dairy whitener: 1 cup
Saffron strands: 8-10 threads
Cardamom powder: 1 tsp
Clarified butter/ghee: 1/4 cup
1. Soak almonds for 4-5 hours. Remove the peels of almonds and grind them thoroughly. For grinding, add little water and make a fine paste.
2. Heat a pan and add sugar, water, saffron strands and cardamom powder to it. Only the sugar needs too be dissolved thoroughly. Make a thin sugar syrup.
3. Add the almond paste to the sugar syrup and stir it continuously. Add 1 tsp of ghee to the almond paste. Stir it regularly, otherwise, the almond paste will get burnt. Add 1 tsp of ghee at regular intervals.
4. After 5 minutes, when the almond mixture starts thickening, add milk powder to the almond paste. The milk powder has to be added in batches and has to be stirred continously. Stir it until the mixture comes together. Add ghee in batches. This process will take almost 10-11 minutes.
5. Take a greased butter paper and pour the almond mixture on it. Add little ghee and knead it with your hands. Cover with another butter paper and roll it with the help of a rolling pin. Leave for 10 minutes. Now you can either cut it in the form of barfi or can make small rolls. Garnish with saffron threads.
6. Your KESAR BADAM ROLLS are ready to be served.