kala chana dhokla
Breakfast is an important meal of ones routine and when it comes to the breakfast of kids, people are really worried to feed them with the most nutritious diets.
But feeding kids is a tedious task. They want innovative and tasty dishes everytime. Today’s recipe will surely be loved by the kids as it is innovative and yummy too.
Kale chane/black chick peas are a power packed source of nutrition. They are full of proteins and calcium.
Kale chane ka dhokla…
Black chana – 1 cup
Suji/semolina- 1.5 cup
Buttermilk- 2.5 cup
Grated ginger- 1 tsp
Chopped green chilies- 1tsp
Haldi powder- 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder- 1/2 tsp
Pudina powder- 1/2 tsp
Salt- 1/2 to 1 tsp (as per taste)
Eno/fruit salt- 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice- 1 tsp
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Oil- 1 tsp
Kasuri methi- 1 tbsp
1. Soak black chana overnight . Boil in morning with little salt and haldi powder. Strain the boiled chana and let it cool. Now grind it to fine paste.
2. Now soak suji in buttermilk for 10 minutes. Add ginger, green chili, haldi powder, red chili powder, pudina powder, salt, eno and lemon juice. Mix it thoroughly.
3. Now add grinded chana paste to the above mixture. Mix uniformly and keep aside for minutes. Add water if it is extra thick.
4. Grease a dhokla tin and pour the batter. Steam for 20 minutes.
5. Check with the tooth pick, if it comes out clean than the dhokla is done.
6. Now, prepare tempering. Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Now add kasuri methi to the oil and pour the tempering on the dhokla.
7. Cut into pieces and serve with dip of your choice.