kaju katli | cashew burfi
Kaju katli also known as kaju ki barfi is a very popular Indian dessert and is widely eaten in all parts of the country. It is made with simple ingredients and yet is a delectable treat to be served and too much liked by the kids. As its main ingredient is cashews, so it is a little high in price in the markets. So, I just thought of preparing it at home. The home-made one is just similar in taste to the one we bought from the market and yes!!! truly pure without any contamination and made with all the hygiene.
Cashews/kaju: 1 cup (200gms)
Sugar: 1/2 cup/100gms
Water: 1/2 cup/50ml
Ghee/clarified butter: for greasing
1. Take cashews and grind them in a grinder. Grind the cashews in a pulse mode and in small batches so that the oil of cashews should not be released. Also do not grind too much and keep them little grainy.
2. Now heat a pan and and sugar and water to it. Let the sugar get completely dissolved and it should just reach to the formation of one-string consistency. We do not reach the strings only a little consistency.
3. As it reaches to the consistency, add the cashew powder and mix it thoroughly on a low flame.
4. Continuously stir it until all the mixture comes together and leaves the sides of the pan.
5. Now take a greased butter paper and put the cashew dough on it.
6. Cover it with another greased butter paper and then with the help of a rolling pin roll it gently to a considerable thickness.
7. Now keep the cashew roti for 5 minutes aside so that it should cool down.
8. After 5 minutes, With a sharp knife cut the cashew burfi into diamond shapes.
9. You can garnish it with silver wark(optional).
CONTINUOUS STIRRING IS VERY IMPORTANT, OTHERWISE, THE MIXTURE WILL STICK TO THE PAN AND THUS, WILL BE BURNT.