Mathura ke dubki wale aloo| how to make mathura ke dubki wale aloo
Our country India is known for its vast collection of holy shrines and pilgrimages where people gather for lots of spiritual knowledge for their inner peace. Thus, India has lots of temples and holy abodes for worshipping. Mathura is one such name which actually depicts to be the places for holy shrine. Mathura has lots of famous temples where thousands of pilgrims come every year for worshipping. Along with it, it is also famous for its varied food like mathura ke pede, mathura ke dubki wale aloo, lassi, samose, kachori, aloo chaat, etc.
My today’s recipe is of the famous “MATHURA KE DUBKI WALE ALOO”. A well known and very famous recipe from the land of mathura to be eaten along with the kachoris.
DUBKI WALE ALOO is a spiced curry made by boiled, mashed potatoes and little spices. The difference between normal aloo curry and dubki wale aloo lies in that., NORMAL ALOO CURRY IS MADE BY ADDING TOMATOES IN THE GRAVY WHILE DUBKI WALE ALOO DOES NOT HAVE TOMATO IN THE GRAVY, RATHER ITS GRAVY IS BEING MADE BY FEW SPICES, GINGER, CHOPPED GREEN CHILI AND WATER.
The name ‘DUBKI WALE ALOO’ SIGNIFIES THAT YOU HAVE TO DIVE IN THE CURRY TO FIND OUT THE ALOO. Besides being eaten with kachori, this can also be served with poori.
Boiled potatoes: 3-4 nos.
Grated ginger: 1 tbsp
Chopped green chili: 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Salt: as per taste
Whole red chilies: 2-3 nos.
Black peppercons: 2-3 nos.
Cloves: 2-3 nos.
Red chili powder: 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida: pinch of
Dry mango powder(aamchur): 1 tsp
All spice powder: 1 tsp
Lemon juice: 1 tsp
Oil: 2 tbsp
Water: 3-3.5 cups
Wheat flour: 1 tbsp
Water for slurry: 1/2 cup
Chopped coriander leaves: 1/2 cup
Note: You have to use iron wok for preparation of this curry.
1. Heat oil in a wok. Splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds and also add asafoetida to it.
2. Add whole red chilies to the wok. Now add black peppercorns, cloves, chopped green chilies and grated ginger to the wok. Saute them for few minutes.
3. Now add all the dry spices to it and add water to the wok. Let the water boil for few minutes.
4. Peel the boiled potatoes and mash them with your hands. Add the potatoes to the gravy in a wok. Add lemon juice too.
5. Now prepare wheat flour slurry by adding wheat flour to water and stirring it properly so that no lumps of wheat flour would remain in the slurry. Add the slurry to the wok and stir it until the gravy starts boiling. The slurry is added in order to thicken the gravy.
6. Cover the wok with a lid and let it boils for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes take out the lid and let it again boil for around 5-7 minutes. Add chopped coriander to the vegetable. Dubki wale aloo are ready to be served mainly with kachori or puri and roti.