kathal ki sabji | how to make kathal ki sabji | jackfruit curry
Kathal ki sabji or jackfruit curry is most liked curry of Indian households. Somehow, people find it difficult to prepare. By following step by step recipe, we can prepare a best jackruit curry. The curry shared here is prepared with simple and easily available ingredients and is cooked in a pressure cooker.
In the vegetable markets, kathal is easily available. Moreover, they are properly peeled, chopped and are packed in packets. So preparing its curry becomes a very easy task. Because peeling and chopping a kathal is reallly a difficullt task to perform. If we have to peel and cut it then it becomes altogether a difficult task to do.
Raw jackfruit/kathal:250-300 gms
Tomato: 2-3 medium sized
Onion: 4 medium sized
Green chilies: 2 large sized
Ginger: 2 inch piece
Tez patta: 2-3 nos.
Cloves: 2-3 nos.
Dried red chilies: 2-3 nos.
Shahi jeeera/royal cumin: 1 tsp
Hing/asafoetida: pinch of
Black pepper corns: 2-3 nos.
Coriander powder: 2.5 tbsp
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder: 1 tbsp
Oil: 4 tbsp
Curd: 1 cup
Salt: as per taste
Water: 3-4 cups
1. Peeling of jackfruit is an important task. Well! generally you can get peeled and chopped jackfruit from the market.
2. Now prepare puree of tomato, onion, ginger and green chilies together in a mixer grinder.
3. Now heat oil in a wok and add shahi jeera, hing, cloves, blackpepper corns, tez patta and dried red chilies. Let them splutter.
4. Add the tomato onion puree to the wok and saute it for sometime. Add all the dry spices and again saute them in the oil until the oil is not released on the surface of the puree.
5. Now take a mixer grinder and add fresh coriander to it. Blend it to prepare the puree.
6. When the oil comes on the surface of the puree, add the green coriander paste to the wok, stir it nicely and saute again for few minutes.
7. Now at this stage add, chopped and washed jack fruit to the gravy and add water to it. Transfer the whole content into a pressure cooker in order to cook the jackfruit completely. Add beaten curd to the cooker. After 1 whistle, simmer the gas stove and cook for another 15 minutes.
8.Switch off the flame and your jackfruit curry is ready to be served. Serve it with roti or parantha.