eggless banana walnut cake| how to make eggless banana walnut cake
Banana walnut cake is a cake prepared primarily by using bananas and walnuts. Bananas are used in more quantities and walnuts are used in lesser quantities. This is a simple, moist and easy to bake cake.
Bananas and walnuts, both are super foods and thus acts as immunity enhancers also. This cake can be given to the kids their tifin boxes as a short meal and can also be served as tea time snacks.
Ripe banana: 2 medium sized
Sugar: 1/2 cup
Oil: 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence: 1/2 tsp
Walnuts/akhrot: 1/2 cup chopped
All purpose four/maida: 1/2 cup
Wheat flour: 1/2 cup
Baking soda: 1/4 tsp
Baking powder: 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon powder: 1/4 tsp
Salt: pinch of
Milk: 1/2 cup
1. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C for 15 minutes.
2. Peel the bananas and chop them roughly.
3. Now add sugar to the bananas and blend them with the help of a blender.
5. Now sieve all purpose flour and wheat flour together. Add both the flours to the above mixture. Add baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder to the flour mix. Also add salt and then blend everything with the help of a blender thoroughly.
NOTE: AVOID OVER BLENDING OF THE MIXTURE, OTHERWISE THE CAKE WILL NOT RISE PROPERLY AT THE TIME OF BAKING.
6. Add milk to the mixture and walnuts too. Mix them thoroughly.
6. Take a greased cake tin mould and pour the batter in the center of the cake tin mould. Add chopped walnuts on the top of the batter. Tap the cake tin gently.
7. Bake the cake at 200 degrees C for around 35-38 minutes.
8. Take out the cake from the oven. Check with a tooth pick. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
9. De-mould it after 15 minutes. Serve with tea or coffee.