brown rice pancakes| how to make brown rice pancakes | savoury pancakes
Pancakes are generally round in shape. They may be sweet or savory and make a great breakfast recipe. Various kinds of pancakes can be prepare but their main ingredient must include a starchy component in order to provide a body to the pancakes.
They are roasted on griddle, tawa or frying pans.
These days brown rice are too much included into the diet of many people. Today I am sharing the recipe of the pancakes made with brown rice. Besides, these pan cakes you can also make paniyarams, dhoklas etc from the same batter with little modifications. Thus, this seems like to be a versatile ingredient.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Brown rice: 2cups
Oats: 1/2 cup
Ginger: 2 inch piece
Garlic cloves: 4-5 nos.
Green chili: 2-3 nos medium sized
Curry leaves/Kari patta: 7-8 leaves
Chopped capsicum: 1 cup
Chopped onions: 1 cup
Curd: 1/2 cup
Water: 2 cups
Red chili powder: 1 tsp
Mint powder/Pudina powder: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Salt: as per taste
Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida: pinch of
Clarified butter: 1 tsp
Flax seeds: 2 tsp
1. Wash the brown rice thoroughly 2-3 times. Soak them for 3-4 hours.
2. After 3 hours, wash them again and grind them in a grinder into a fine paste. While grinding add ginger, garlic, curry leaves and green chili to the rice. Also add curd while grinding the rice. Add water into batches to get the fine consistency of the batter.
3. Now to the batter add oats, red chili powder, salt, black pepper powder, cumin seeds, asafoetida and mint powder. Also add chopped capsicum and chopped onions to the batter. Keep the batter aside for 15-20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile prepare a tempering. Heat clarified butter and splutter flax seeds in it. Add the tempering to the batter.
5. Now heat a non stick tawa and pour little batter with the ladle. Spread it to make a pancake. Cover the pancake with a lid in order to roast it completely.
6. Flip and roast from both the sides. Serve with coconut chutney.