homemade nutella sauce | DIY nutella sauce | almond butter
Nutella is a brand of sweetened hazelnut cocoa spread manufactured by the Italian company Ferrero, that was first introduced in 1965 and till today’s date kids just love it to their extreme.
The main ingredients of Nutella consist of sugar and palm oil. It also includes hazelnut, cocoa solids and skimmed milk.
Nutella is a very versatile sauce and can be used in a variety of dishes. It is the most liked sauce by the kids.
So, I just thought of preparing it at home for my kiddo so that it can be enjoyed any time and every-time at home in its purest form. Since its beginning it is made with hazelnuts which are some what difficult to find at all the places. So, I preferred to use almonds in place of it which are easily available at all the places.
Benefits of almonds:
Almonds contain lots of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E.
The health benefits of almonds include lower blood sugar levels, reduced blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels. They can also reduce hunger and promote weight loss.
Benefits of cocoa powder:
Rich in Polyphenols That Provide Several Health Benefits.
May Reduce High Blood Pressure by Improving Nitric Oxide Levels.
May Lower Your Risk of Heart Attack and Stroke.
Polyphenols Improve Blood Flow to Your Brain and Brain Function.
Benefits of olive oil:
It is Rich in Healthy Mono unsaturated Fats.
It Contains Large Amounts of Antioxidants.
It Has Strong Anti-Inflammatory Properties.
It May Help Prevent Strokes.
It Is Protective Against Heart Disease.
It Does Not Cause Weight Gain and Obesity.
Almonds : 100 GMs
Cocoa powder: 1.5 tbsp
Vegetable oil/peanut oil/olive oil: 3 tbsp
1. Dry roast the almonds till a nutty aroma starts coming and their skin turns dark as shown in the pic.
2.This is important step to take out the natural almond oil.
3.Now let them cool and grind them in a grinder into a fine powder.
4.Now add cocoa powder to it and again grind in order to mix almond powder and cocoa powder uniformly.
5.Now add 1 tbsp oil to the mix and grind.
6.You will get crumbly consistency.
7.Now again add 1 tbsp of oil and grind. Mix occasionally with the spoon to check the texture.
8.Now again add 1 tbsp of oil and mix thoroughly in a grinder in order to get a smooth paste.
9.If you do not get uniform silky texture then add little more oil.
10.Your Nutella/almond butter is ready to be served with bread, parantha or milk shake. This has got the perfect texture and yess!!!! lip smacking too..
- This butter is a kind of health booster for the kids as it has lots of almonds in it. you can add hazelnuts too if you find them easily and also walnuts can be added to it.
- Grinding of the almonds thoroughly is very important as it helps to take out the almond oil for the smoothness of the texture.
- Market bought nutella has high sugar content. Here I am not adding sugar so that everyone can add as per their own taste and requirement. So this does not contains much calories.
- It can be preserved good for around 30 days in a refrigerator.
- The health benefits and nutella background is taken from google.