falahari peanuts potato curry | fasting potato curry | vrat wali sabji
I remember the days when we were in the hostel and girls used to keep the navratri fast for 9 days. They got the fasting food as their meal for twice a day. That food was only available for the girls keeping that fast and I was like always craving for that food. Sometimes I get the chance to taste that food and one thing which was really likeable is the crunch of peanuts in most of the dishes in the barfi, sabudana khichdi, etc.
Today, for my fasting recipe I have prepared Potato curry in peanuts gravy. This is 100% fasting recipe made with peanuts, potato, tomato and rock salt.
Boiled potatoes: 2 medium sized
Raw peanuts: 1/2 cup
Tomatoes: 2 medium sized
Ginger: 2 inch piece
Green chili: 1 medium sized
Red chili powder: 1 tsp
Rock salt: 1 tsp
Clarified butter/ghee: 1 tbsp
Clovess: 2 nos.
Black pepper corns: 2 nos.
Water: 1/2 cup
1. Heat a pan and roast the peanuts until a nutty flavour starts coming.
2. Take out the peanuts and remove their peels by rubbing them in your hands.
3. Now coarsely grind the peanuts in a grinder. Keep them aside.
4. Now in the same grinder, blend tomato, ginger and green chili to a fine paste.
5. Heat a wok and add ghee to it. Splutter peppercorns and cloves.
6. Now add tomato puree and saute until the ghee comes on the surface. Add red chili powder and rock salt to it. Add peanut crush to the gravy. Give a nice stir.
7. Now add boiled, peeled and diced potatoes to the gravy and give a nice stir. Add water and cover the lid for 3-4 minutes.
8. Serve hot with kuttu poori.