eggless chocolate brownie | cakey brownie
Brownies are just chocolates comes true. The core ingredient of brownies is dark chocolate. Brownies may be gooey, fudgy or chewy. But the essence remains the same that they are tempting and no one can say no to the brownies. They are gulped in within a few minutes after they are baked.
‘Fudgy’ brownies have a higher fat-to-flour ratio than cakey ones. So add more fat in this case, butter and chocolate. A ‘cakey’ batch has more flour and relies on baking powder for leavening. The amount of sugar does not change whether you’re going fudgy or cakey.
I prepared the cakey brownies with a proper proportion of chocolate, butter and flour.
Dark chocolate: 50 gms
Salted butter: 55 gms
All purpose flour: 3/4 cup
Milk: 1/4 cup
Castor sugar: 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
Chopped walnuts: 1 tbsp
1. Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees C.
2. To a double boiler add the chopped chocolates and the chopped butter.
3. Keep on stirring the chocolate and butter until they both melt completely.
4. Turn off the heat and take out the bowl from the double boiler.
5. Now to the melted chocolate add castor sugar and mix thoroughly with the spatula.
6. Add vanilla essence to the bowl.
7. Take another bowl and sift all purpose flour and baking powder together.
8. Now add the flour mix to the melted chocolate and give a gentle stir so that the flour is completely mixed with the melted chocolate.
9. Now take a cake tin and grease it with butter and dust some flour in it.
10. Now pour the brownie mixture to the greased cake tin. Sprinkle chopped walnuts to the brownie mixture.
11. Bake the brownies for around 30 minutes at 180 degrees C.
12. Insert a tooth pick and check the brownies. If it comes out clean then the brownies are done.
13. Let them cool completely, then demould it and garnish with chocolate sauce.