dhaniya chutney | coriander dip
Today I am posting the recipe for Dhaniya chutney/ coriander dip which is the most important accompaniment of various types of pakoras, cheelas and yes paranthas too!! Just a simple coriander dip can simply enhance the taste of a pakodas. It is heart of many street foods like chaats, gol gappas etc. Fresh coriander has its own subtle taste and has many health benefits too.
Benefits of coriander:
Coriander or cilantro is a wonderful source of dietary fiber, manganese, iron and magnesium as well. In addition, coriander leaves are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K and protein. They also contain small amounts of calcium, phosphorous, potassium, thiamin, niacin and carotene.
Fresh coriander: 150 gms
Whole green chilies: 2 big sized
Chopped ginger: 1 tbsp
Tomatoes: 1 whole big sized
Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
Black salt: 1 tsp
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Hing/asafoetida: pinch of
Lemon juice: 2 tsp
1. Wash thoroughly fresh coriander. Take a mixer grinder and add coriander, green chilies, tomatoes and ginger to it.
2. Grind them to a fine paste. Add lemon juice to it.
3. Add all the spices. Give a nice stir.
4. Check the seasoning and enjoy with dish of your choice.
- This is the recipe for basic coriander dip. You can add any other spices of your choice too.
- Keep the stems of the coriander too along with the leaves for added flavor.
- The benefits of coriander are referenced from Google.