dahi ke kebab | dahi ke sholay | hung curd kebab
Today! I am sharing the recipe of dahi ke kebabs. These are made with hung curd. These are deep fried hung curd kebabs/patties. As hung curd is very moist so for binding I have added bread crumbs and cornflour. They are crispy from outside and rich, gooey from inside. They are generally served as a starter snack and is a very good dish to be served in kitty parties. They are liked by kids also as they are not spicy. Curd is a great source of probiotic bacteria and is very good for health. The one which are prepared by me are deep fried. You can also prepare them in air fryer if you have it or can also roast on non stick tawa. But the ones which are deep fried are truly great in taste.
Dahi/curd: 500 gms
Paneer: 200 gms
Bread crumbs: 3 cups
Cornflour: 1/2 cup
Chopped onions: 2 cups
Grated ginger: 2 tsp
Chopped green chilies: 2 tsp
Cumin/jeera powder: 2 tsp
Garam masala powder: 2 tsp
Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
Kasuri methi: 2 tsp
Salt: as per taste
Freshly chopped coriander: 1/2 cup
Oil: for frying
Preparation of Hung curd:
1. Take a fine muslin cloth or cheesecloth and pour the curd into it.
2. Tie the cloth with a string and hang it with some support for around 4-5 hours.
3. After 5 hours, the curd has lost all its water and has thicken to a considerable consistency.
4. Take out the thick curd from the cloth and rub it with your hands to smoothen it to a fine texture.
Preparation of Kebabs:
1. Grate the paneer with a fine grater.
2. Mix all the ingredients listed above except the bread crumbs.
3. Rub the mixture to a fine consistency with the help of your hands. Prepare a soft dough.
4. Pinch small balls from the dough and give them the shape of the small cylinders as shown in the pic.
5. Roll each kebab in the bread crumbs thoroughly so that the crumbs coat the kebab completely.
6. Now refrigerate the kebabs for around 1 hour.
7. After 1 hour, roll the kebabs again in the bread crumbs.
8. Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the kebabs.
9. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or coriander dip.
1. hung curd has to be prepared nicely, if some water will remain in the curd then the kebabs will not take proper shape.
2. you can refrigerate for around 30 minutes to 1 hour as per your convenience.