We Indians are very much fond of chaats like raj kachori, pani puri, bhalla papdi, etc and many more. These are the usual chaats which we always eat.
Today i have bought a new chaat for my dear friends. It is “Corn Bhel“.
Corn or makai is generally eaten in many forms like makki ki roti along with sarso ka saag, buttery corn, masala corn, steamed sweet corn etc.
- It contains a lot of water and is rich in dietary fibre.
- It is a great source of vitamin B1, vitamin B5, vitamin C and folate.
- Moreover, it has anti cancerous properties, good for digestion, it has vitamin c which helps maintains good skin and also has omega 3 fatty acids which help to regulate healthy hair growth.
It releases its nutrients when cooked and steamed, so and taste really superb.
So, for this corn bhel i have made it a little bit unhealthy by frying the corns. So health freaks can have it on the cheat days😜😜.
Corn Bhel recipe:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
- corn kernels 1 cup
- rice flour 2.5 teaspoons
- cornflour 0.5 teaspoon
- pudina powder 0.5 teaspoon
- jeera powder 0.5 teaspoon
- chaat masala 1 teaspoon
- onion 1 big size
- green chili 1 nos (optional)
- oil 2 tablespoon
- salt as per taste
- coriander freshly chopped
- Firstly, wash the corn kernels. Strain them in a strainer.
- Now add rice flour, cornflour and pudina powder to the strained corn.
- Toss corn with the above added ingredients, they will stick to the corn as the corn was wet.
- Now put the tossed corn in the strainer and strain the extra flour from it.
- Keep it for 5 minutes in the referigerator.
- Meanwhile, we will go for another preparations.
- Roughly chop onions
- Finely chop green chili and coriander.
- Now take out the corn from refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a kadhai/wok.
- Deep fry the corn kernels in hot oil.
- Take them out and soak on the tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- Now add chopped onions, coriander, green chili to the corn.
- Add salt, jeera powder and chaat masala powder to the above mixture.
- Toss all the added ingredients and serve.
U can serve it with tomato ketchup and green chutney according to your taste.
- Strain the corn properly, if it is not properly strained then the flour will not stick evenly to it.
- Adding of green chili is completely optional according to your taste.
- Frying of corn kernels must be done with full caution.