Chela Feast With Toasted Vegetables….
Fasting is a phenomenon to detox your body by avoiding intake of salt. Fasting actually rejuvenates ones body as we inculcate religious and pious feelings inside us and thus the satvik nature during fasting days leads to a healthy body and healthy mind. It actually purifies ones soul.
Fasting does not mean craving for food items. Because their are many options you can explore for fasting foods.
Today, i have prepared a pancake/cheela made with rajgira/amaranth flour along with pomegranate juice and beetroot juice.
Beetroot and pomegranate are rich sources of iron and are power packed with nutritional quotient.
Benefits of amaranth/rajgira flour::
The unique health benefits of amaranth include its ability to stimulate growth and repair, reduce inflammation, prevent certain chronic diseases, boost bone strength, lower blood pressure, improve the immune system, reduce the appearance of varicose veins, maintain healthy hair, and ease weight loss efforts. It is low in cholesterol and is gluten free.
Those who want to loose weight can include the amaranth flour in their daily diet.
- Rajgira flour (Amaranth) – 1 cup
- Carrot juice – 1/2 cup
- Pomegranate juice – 1/2 cup
- Rock salt – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Peanut seeds – 1/2 cup
- Fresh Coriander – 1/2 Cup
- bottle gourd/lauki – 1 medium size
- Cucumber – 1 medium sized
- Mix rajgira flour with pomegranate and beetroot juice and make a fine paste.
- Put rock salt and black pepper to it.
- Keep it aside for sometime.
- Now in a mixer grinder, add peanuts, coriander and 1/2 teaspoon salt and grind to a fine paste.
- Peel the bottle gourd/lauki and cut it into thin round slices.
- Now marinate the lauki with the coriander-peanut paste and keep in refrigerator for around 15 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan and pour a spoonful of rajgira batter to make a pancake.
- Cover with a lid. flip and cook from both the sides.
- Now roast the marinated lauki from both the sides on the nonstick pan.
- Serve the pancake and roasted vegetables with fresh curd, the coriander-peanut chutney and cucumber salad.