butterscotch ice cream
Butterscotch is one of my the most favorite ice cream. Whenever I travel into my childhood days, I remember that this was the only flavor which was highly liked by me and by my whole family. I am sharing the ice cream recipe which is egg free, also I did not used ice cream maker for making this yummy treat.
This can be made with few ingredients by following very easy and simple steps. The only tricky part which is the heart of this recipe is preparation of praline. Praline is basically made with butter, brown sugar and nuts. In this recipe, I have used unsalted butter, white sugar and nuts.
Unsalted butter: 1 tbsp
Granulated sugar: 3 tbsp
Powdered nuts(almonds and cashews): 2.5 tbsp
—For ice cream:
Whipped cream: 1.5 cups
Full cream milk: 1 cup
Butterscotch essence: 1 tsp
Praline: 3/4 cup
—Making of praline:
1. Take a pan and add sugar and butter to it. Stir it continuously until the sugar melts and changes its color from white to brown.
2. As soon as the sugar dissolves, add the powdered nuts and stir continuously. Stirring is very important, otherwise it will stick to the pan.
3. Take a butter paper and grease it with butter. Pour the mixture on the butter paper and spread it. Let it set. After 15 minutes, check it and crush it in the mixer grinder into a powder form. Refer to the video for preparation of praline.
—Preparation of ice cream:
1. Freeze a bowl for 1 hour. Take chilled bowl and add whipped cream in the bowl.
2. With the help of a beater, beat the cream until it becomes fluffy.
3. Add milk and butterscotch essence to the cream and beat it again until ribbon like consistency appears.
4. Add crushed praline to the beaten cream. Mix thoroughly. Pour in a container, cover with a lid and freeze it for 8 hours.
5. Take out from the freezer and serve chilled.