bedmi poori|how to make bedmi poori
‘Poori’ as I hear this word and my mouth starts watering…
Poori also called as pudi is a deep fried bread made from unleavened dough. This is generally served with savory curries like potato curry, pumpkin curry, etc.
This is generally made with wheat flour with the addition of pinch of salt in it. Variations of pooris are also eaten around India. Numerous variations like Bedmi poori, nagori halwa stuffed poori, palak poori, ajwain poori, etc are eaten around our country and people create many more variations too.
Today I am sharing the recipe of Bedmi pooris. It comes as a famous breakfast recipe from Uttar Pradesh and thus is eaten on large scale in Delhi. They are super crispy ones and are traditionally eaten with ‘dubki wale aloo’ ki sabji. The recipe being already shared by me. (Dubki wale aloo). Believe me, bedmi pooris taste best with Dubki wale aloo.😋😋😋😋😋😋
Wheat flour: 2.5 cups
Green gram dal/hari mung dal: 1.5 cup
Red chili powder: 3 tsp
Haldi: 1 tsp
Whole cumin/jeera: 1.5 tsp
Saunf: 1.5 tsp
Coriander powder: 3 tsp
Hing: 1/2 tsp
Salt: as per taste
Pudina powder: 2 tsp
Roasted cumin powder: 1.5 tsp
Chopped green chilies: 1 tsp
Grated ginger: 2 tsp
chopped coriander: 1/2 cup
water: as required for dough kneading.
1. Wash the green gram dal thoroughly and soak it for 2 hours.
2. When the dal is soaked it will imbibe water and rise. Wash the dal again and preserve the green chilkas of the dal. Keep the dal little moist so that it would be easy to grind it.
3. Grind the dal coarsely. Add water if required.
4. Now gather all the dry spices in a bowl together.
5. Take a flat plate and add wheat flour to it.
6. Add all the dry spices to it.
7. Add grated ginger, chillies and coriander also to the wheat flour.
8. Now mix them all thoroughly and knead a poori like little tight dough.
9. Rest the dough for 30 minutes.
10. Now pinch small balls from the dough and roll small pooris.
11. Fry the pooris in hot oil. Flip and fry from both the sides.
12. Serve hot with dubki wale aloo or any curry of your choice.