Aloe Vera – Methi dana Achaar
While surfing Internet, i came through many recipes these days. It is really difficult to post something new. Its my effort to present something new for all my dearies.
Today i have brought a recipe of achaar,
|Aloe Vera – Methi dana Achaar|
Aloe vera is becoming increasingly popular and is trendily becoming a part of our diet and lifestyle.
In addition to a health boon it is also treated as a major constituent of our beauty products.
It helps in proper digestion, treat mouth ulcers, Has antioxidant and antibacterial properties, improves skin and prevent wrinkles.
Aloe vera and fenugreek both have a bitter sticky taste so most of the people face taste difficulties in eating it.
There are people like me who eats the aloe vera gel with full interest.
Preparation time: 4 hours
Storage: 14-15 days
- Methi dana – 1 cup
- Water – 4 cups
- Red chili powder – 2 teaspoons
- Coriander powder – 4 teaspoons
- Haldi powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Hing – a pinch of
- Aamchur powder – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Wash methi dana thoroughly with water. Drain the water.
- Soak methi dana in 2 cups of water for around 3 hours.
- Remove the thorny sides of aloe vera with the help of knife.
- Now cut the aloe vera into small pieces.
- Put them aside.
- After 3 hours check the soaked methi dana seeds.
- They imbibed water and has risen above their level.
- Now put these soaked methi dana in a wok/kadhai and put another 2 cups of water.
- Let it get boiled for 2 minutes on a simmer flame. Boiling is an important step for methi dana as it helps to take out the added bitterness of methi dana and make it easily edible.
- After boiling for 3-4 minutes, turn off the gas knob and strain the methi dana seeds with the help of a strainer.
- Now take a heavy bottom kadhai and put oil in it.
- Now put hing in it.
- Put soaked methi dana seeds and fry them for 2 minutes just to remove the left over bitterness.
- After methi dana, now add the chopped aloe vera in it and stir fry them for another 2 minutes.
- Now add all the spices in it except aamchur powder.
- Cover it with lid and let it cook on a simmer flame.
- Aloe Vera has water in it, so after 3-4 minutes u will observe water on the upper surface of the mixture.
- Let it get cooked until the water evaporates.
- If water will remain in the achaar, it can’t be preserved for long.
- We don’t add any preservatives in it as we don’t want it to last for more than 15 days.
- After that it start losing its taste.
- After the water is soaked, add the aamchur powder.
- Cook it for another 2 minutes and turn off the gas stove.
- At this stage, u can eat it like a sabji along with roti. It taste superb when serve steamy hot.
- Let it cool and pack it in an air tight container.
- Store in refrigerator for 15 days.
- Don’t over boil the methi dana.
- While boiling don’t stir it hardly.