almond peanuts fudge | badam mungphali barfi
Peanuts are known for their high biotin content. They are actually POWERHOUSE OF ENERGY. Almonds are also rich in essential nutrients and thus are really immunity boosters. When they both are combined together, they’ll make a powerpacked immunity booster.
Today, I am preparing a fudge or burfi made with ALMONDS and PEANUTS. They are actually prepared as a fasting recipe during the 9 days of navratris. They can also be eaten on normal days and are real immunity boosters for kids.
Mungphali ki barfi (Mungphali ki barfi (Peanuts ki barfi)Mungphali ki barfi (Peanuts ki barfi)
For other fasting recipes:
Peanuts/mungphali: 2.5 cups
Almonds/badam: 3/4 cup
Sugar: 2 cups
Water: 1.5 cups
Cardamom powder: 2 tsp
Saffron strands: 4-5 nos.
Clarified butter/ghee: 1 tsp
1. Heat a wok and roast peanuts in it. Roast them until they turns nutty.
2. Take them out of the wok and rub them inside a cloth so as to dehusk them. Remove their covering and keep them aside.
3. Roast the almonds too in a wok till they turns nutty.
4. Now let almonds and peanuts cool down completely and then grind them in a grinder to obtain a powdery consistency.
5. Heat a pan and add water, cardamom powder and saffron strands to it. Let saffron releases its color.
6. Now add sugar to the water and stir it to prepare a sugar syrup. Prepare the sugar syrup of one thread consistency.
7. Add the nuts powder and stir it continuously. Let the mixture thicken. Stir it until the mixture starts leaving the walls of the pan.
8. Now grease a tray with clarified butter and pour the mixture in it.
Tap it and garnish with almond silverets. Let it cool and set for around 1 hour.
Keep in fridge for 15 minutes. Cut the squares and enjoy the burfi.