Summers are on their peak and we really need something which could be heat resistant and works as coolants.
One of the very popular coolant which has heat resistant properties is the Aam panna drink. Aam panna is a renowned Indian drink and can be yellow to green in color depending upon the ingredients which are used in making the aam panna. It can be salty and sweet in taste also mint or coriander can be added in order to enhance the taste.
–For making 3-4 glasses of aam panna..
Raw mangoes: 1 medium sized
Mint leaves/pudina: 1 cup
Asafoetida/hing: a pinch of
Black salt: 1/2 tsp
Salt: 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
Roasted cumin powder: 1 tsp
Water: 2 glasses
Powdered sugar: 2 tbsp (optional)
1. Wash raw mango thoroughly. Take a pressure cooker and add the raw mango in it. Add 1/2 glass of water. Pressure cook the raw mango in order to soften it. After 1 whistle, simmer the flame and pressure cook for another 5 minutes.
2. Now let the raw mango cool down completely.
3. With your hand remove the skin of mango and then take out its pulp and throw the seed. Do not throw away the water in which the raw mango was boiled. Use it for making panna.
4. Now take a bowl and add washed mint leaves and mango pulp to it. Add 1/2 glass water more to it.
5. Now blend it with the blender and strain the mixture properly.
6. Now to the strained liquid, add all the spices. You can also add sugar. I have not added because I don’t like the sweet taste and it also adds on the calories to the drink. Add remaining water to the bowl. ADJUST THE CONSISTENCY OF WATER ACCORDING TO YOUR TASTE. REFRIGERATE IT FOR SOMETIME.
7. Serve the aam panna CHILLED and enjoy it during hot summers.
Note:ALWAYS PREPARE FRESH PANNA AND DRINK. DO NOT USE THE SAME PANNA FOR MULTIPLE DAYS.