Pizza is a savoury dish of Italian origin, consisting of a usually round, flattened base of leavened wheat-based dough topped with tomatoes, cheese, and various other ingredients, baked at a high temperature, traditionally in a wood-fired oven.
Pizza is one of the most loved food of kids and even the adults too. The dough made of pizza is fermented by adding Dry yeast to it. I tried replacing yeast with other ingredients and it really came out well..
All purpose flour/maida: 1 cup
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Sugar: 1/4 tsp
Olive oil/any oil: 1.5 tbsp
Water: 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
Baking soda: 1/4 tsp
Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
Vinegar: 1.5 tbsp
1. Take proper measurements to get the best results.
2. Take a bowl and add all purpose flour to it.
3. Now add Salt and sugar to it.
4. Add Baking powder and baking soda to it.
5. Add oil to it.
6. Add Vinegar to it. As soon as you add vinegar it will start frothing. Mix it immediately to incorporate all the air inside the dough.
7. You will get a crumbly dough.
8. Add water slowly and start kneading the dough. You will get a sticky dough. Knead it for around 5-10 minutes until you get a smooth dough.
9. Cover it with an aluminium foil or cling wrap. Rest the dough for 2 hours. I kept the dough in sunlight for 30 minutes and then in shade.
10. After 2 hours, the dough has risen. Punch it to take out the air and knead it again before using it. Use immediately or store in a refrigerator in an airtight container. It can be used for 7 days.