Soup is a primarily liquid food, generally served warm or hot that is made by combining ingredients of meat or vegetables with stock, juice, water, or another liquid. Hot soups are additionally characterized by boiling solid ingredients in liquids in a pot until the flavours are extracted, forming a broth.
Tomato soup is one of the most favourite soup recipe served across countries.
When you will prepare the tomato soup with this recipe, I am sure you will forget the market bought one.
Can’t believe that only with few ingredients you can get very tasty tomato soup at home within 15-20 minutes.
Ripe tomatoes: 4-5 medium sized
Ginger: 1 inch piece
Garlic: 1 tsp chopped
Butter: 1.5 tbsp
Pudina powder: 1 tsp
Roasted cumin powder: 1 tsp
Asafoetida/hing: a pinch of
Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
Salt: as per taste
Sugar: 2 tsp
Fresh cream: 1 tbsp
Fresh coriander leaves: for garnishing
Bread slices: 2 nos
Water: 2.5 cups
Preparation of soup:
1. Take a bowl and roughly dice the tomatoes into pieces. Also roughly chop the ginger.
2. Add water to the tomatoes. Turn the gas on and keep the bowl on the gas burner and let it boil for around 5-7 minutes.
3. When the tomatoes loses their peels then the tomatoes are done.
4. Turn off the gas knob and let the tomatoes cool down.
5. With the help of a blender, blend the tomatoes to a fine puree. Strain the puree with a strainer.
6. Now to the strained puree add salt, pepper powder, cumin powder, sugar and asafoetida.
7. Heat a pan and add butter to it. Add garlic to the heated butter. Add this garlic tadka to the pureed tomatoes.
8. Now heat a pan and add the tomato soup in it and bring it to boil. When it boils add the fresh cream to it and stir nicely.
1. Take a bread toaster and set the knob on medium setting. Toast the bread until it is crispy and cut into squared and serve with the soup.
2. Alternative method: Take a bread slice and cut it into squares. Heat some butter in pan and shallow fry the bread squares until they turns crispy.