Sometimes you hungry but don’t want to spend time in cooking, also you don’t want to eat market packed food and moreover you only need to eat homemade vegetable curry and chapati… So what could be the solution? I have the answer. My today’s onion curry is an answer to all these problems. My today’s recipe is very east to digest and very very easy to prepare.
Onions medium sized: 8-10 nos.
Chopped green chilies: 2 tsp
freshly chopped coriander: 2 tbsp
Coriander powder: 2 tbsp
Red chili powder: 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt: as per taste
Milk: 1/2 cup
Water: 1/2 cup
Clarified butter/ghee: 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Asafoetida/hing: pinch of
1. Roughly dice the onions and keep them aside.
2. Heat a wok and add ghee to it.
3. Now add cumin seeds and mustard seeds to it and let them splutter. Add asafoetida to it.
4. Now add chopped green chilies to the wok and saute. Add all the spices to the wok and again saute for a minute. Now add milk and stir the mixture nicely. Add water and again stir. Now let them cook for sometime until the oil appears on the surface.
5. Then add chopped onions to the wok and give a nice stir. Cover and cook for minutes. Add chopped coriander to the wok.
6. Serve hot with chapati or parantha.