Soya Chaap is mainly a North Indian dish which is prepared with soybean pulses and nuggets and is very high in protein content. This is a vegetarian delicacy and is prepared in different forms., can also be prepared with the tandoori style too.
It is a perfect dish which can be served as a starter for dinner parties and in kitty parties or as a curry vegetable.
The soya chaap masala or soya chaap curry is made with the soya chaap sticks which are prepared by using soybean pulses and nuggets as main ingredient along with all purpose flour as the binding agent. Soya Chaap is very high in calories.
Soya bean pulses: 1/2 cup
Soya chunks: 1/2 cup
All purpose flour/maida: 1 cup
Salt: as per taste
Water: for boiling
1. Soak soybean pulses overnight or atleast for 5 hours.
2. Soak soya nuggets for around 1 hour.
3. Drain the excess water from both., nuggets and pulses and grind them separately. avoid adding excess water to them at the time of grinding. Otherwise you will not get a firm dough.
4. Now take out the grinded pulse and nuggets in a container.
5. Add salt and all purpose flour to the above container and knead a hard dough.
6. Now roll the dough and keep in referigerator for 15 minutes.
7. Pinch small balls from the dough and roll with the rolling pin. Roll it thicker than chapati. Cut long strips with the knife.
8. Now take ice cream sticks and roll each strip as shown in the picture.
9. To the boiling water add some salt and put each stick to boil. let it boil for around 20 minutes.
10. Take out and put it in a container and store in a deep freezer. Now these sticks are ready to prepare the soya chaap.