Kids shows a lot of tantrums when it comes to their tiffin menus. I everyday think of something new which is yummy to eat and of course healthy too! Today, I have prepared Rostis with Zucchini and lots of spices. These crisy rostis are filled lots of nutrition and can be served with tomato ketchup or any gravy vegetable.
The zucchini or courgette is a summer squash and has lots of benefits on health.
Benefits of zucchini:
Slows down aging.
Lowers blood sugar levels.
Supports healthy circulation and a healthy heart.
Improves eye health.
Improves thyroid and adrenal functions.
Green zucchini: 1 medium sized (grated)
Wheat flour: 1 cup
Rice flour: 1 cup
Chili flakes: 1 tsp
Chinese masala powder: 1 tbsp
Salt: 1.5 tsp
Pudina powder: 1 tsp
water: 1/2 cup
1. To the grated zucchini add all the ingredients except the flours.
2. Mix them thoroughly.
3. Mix both the flours together and slowly add the flours to the above mixture.
4. Slowly add and mix with your hand. At the end you will obtain a sticky dough.
5. Now to the dough add some oil and keep it for 20 minutes covered with a cloth in a dark place.
6. Afterwards roll the dough in a plain wheat flour and then knead it to release the gluten.
7. Now add some oil and make it smooth.
8. Now apply some plain flour in your hand and pinch a medium sized ball from the dough.
9. Flatten it with your hand.
10. It is very sticky and and will not be manageable with the rolling pin.
11. Heat a non stick pan and season it with some oil and roast the zucchini flat bread.
12. On one side of the flat bread add some chinese masala powder and then flip it and roast it.
13. take out of the pan and pour in some butter, cut in the shape of fingers and serve with ketchup or dip of your choice.