Besan laddoo is a very famous sweet eaten in North India. These laddoos are made with gram flour/besan and are really very easy to prepare. This recipe only requires little patience and precision of the measurements. This is made with simple ingredients like gram flour, powdered sugar, Cardamom powder and clarified butter. But the taste of these are very unique. while grinding the sugar one should keep it little granulated so that the crunch should be felt in every bite in the laddoos.
Gram flour: 2.5 cups
Clarified butter/ghee: 1 cup
Powdered sugar: 1 cup
Cardamom powder: 1 tsp
Almond silverets: 1 tbsp
Water: 2 tsp
1. Heat a wok and add gram flour to it.
2. Add 3/4 cup of ghee to the gram flour and start roasting it on a simmer flame. If you find the ghee in wok is lesser to roast then add the remaining one too.
3. Keep on roasting the gram flour until a nutty smell comes from it and it changes to golden brown in color. Continuously keep on stirring it otherwise it will get burnt. Add cardamom powder to it.
4.Sprinkle the water on the roasted gram flour in order to get the grainy texture and taste of the laddoos. Refer to the picture.
5. Now turn off the gas knob and take the roasted gram flour in a flat plate. Let it cool down to lukewarm consistency.
6. Now add powdered sugar to the flour and mix well.
7. Pinch small balls and roll them to give the shape of laddoos. decorate each laddoo with almond silveret.
1. Roast the gram flour very carefully on a simmer flame and continuously stir it.
2. While grinding the sugar keep it a little bit granulated.