Garlic bread…the name says it all. It is the super yummy recipe. This recipe is similar to the one we get in Dominos and I also tried my hands on this same recipe. There are many recipes to prepare cheese garlic bread sticks. We can prepare by using ready made bread by applying cheese spread and chopped garlic in it. I prepared my recipe using the scratch material. It is made by using dry active yeast for proofing the dough. You can also use baking powder and baking soda for proofing the dough. The dough has to be prepared with full attention and precautions otherwise the bread sticks will not get the perfect texture and taste.
—For preparing the yeast mixture:
warm milk: 1/2 cup
instant dry yeast: 1 tsp
sugar: 1 tsp
—For preparing the dough:
all purpose flour/maida: 1.25 cups
finely chopped/crushed garlic: 2 tbsp
oregano: 1 tsp
salted butter: 2 tsp
oil: 2 tsp
garlic finely chopped: 1 tsp
coriander leaves finely chopped: 1 tbsp
—For preparing garlic butter:
crushed garlic cloves: 2 tbsp
salted butter: 50 gms
chopped coriander: 1/2 cup
—For final preparation of garlic bread:
all purpose flour/maida: 1/2 cup
mozzarella cheese grated: 1/2 cup
processed cheese: 1/2 cup
oregano: 1 tsp
basil: 1 tsp
crushed garlic cloves: 1 tbsp
chili flakes: 1 tsp
milk: to seal the edges
salt: 1/2 kg
—activation of yeast:
1. To a bowl add milk, sugar and instant yeast.
2. Let it rest for minutes.
3. Now the yeast activates.
—preparation of dough:
1. To the activated yeast bowl add all the ingredients listed under the dough preparation.
2. Prepare a smooth dough and do not over knead it.
3. Tuck the sides of the dough and cover it with cling wrap and keep it to proof for around 2 hours.
4. After 2 hours, punch the dough and knead it again.
—preparation of garlic butter:
1.Take a bowl and add melted butter to it.
2. Add chopped coriander and crushed garlic to it.
—final preparation of garlic bread:
1. Now divide the dough into three equal parts.
2. Now roll one part with the help of a rolling pin.
3. Apply garlic butter to one half of the rolled dough.
4. Add grated cheese to the applied butter.
5. Add herbs and chili flakes to the cheese.
6. Apply milk to the other half and seal the edges.
7. Now to the dough apply the garlic butter and herbs.
8. Make cut impressions on the garlic bread dough.
9. Heat a cooker and add salt to it. Heat it for around 15 minutes.
10. Grease a tray and put the garlic bread in it.
11. Now put the tray in the cooker and cover it with lid.
12. It will take around 20 minutes to completely bake the bread.
13. Take out the bread cut the sticks and serve with cheese dip.
1. The use of perfect yeast is very important.
2. Prepare a perfect dough otherwise you will not get the perfect texture of the bread.