Navratris cannot be complete without sago/sabudana. I was remembering my childhood days and was thinking about the sabudana kheer which mumma used to prepare during the fasting days and i used to finish it in a couple of minutes. Now to prepare fancier things i had not prepared the sabudana kheer in this navratri fast. Today, I have made a sabudana kheer with an innovation. It is made more healthier by adding strawberry and coconut milk along with sago and full fat milk.
- Full Fat Milk – ½ liter
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Sabudana/sago – ½ cup
- Strawberries – 10 – 15 Nos.
- Sugar – 1.5 tbsp
- Saffron – 5 to 6 threads are soaked in milk
- Heat full fat milk and bring it to boil.
- Add sago to the boiling milk and let it cook until it becomes soft.
- Reduce the milk to 1/4 of its volume and then add sugar to it.
- Turn off the gas knob and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, make a crush of the strawberries by adding chopped strawberries and coconut milk to the mixer grinder. Add saffron strands soaked in milk to the strawberry crush.
- Now mix the sago kheer to the strawberry crush and mix it nicely.
- Garnish with chopped strawberries and serve cool.