Today is day 5 of the great navratri festival and I am sure you must be bored of eating the same phalahari foods in your diet.
Today, I have got cutlets and pancakes for my dear frens. Yesss!!!! u heard it right, fasting feasts could also be made more fancier and interesting by inventing new ideas with the same ingredients.
The pancakes are made up of sago and samak rice and are so delicious to eat that my kiddo went nuts over it and finished them in a fraction of minutes. The cutlets served here are packed only and only with lots of nutrition and they are energy filled as they are made up of foxnuts and beetroot. In the pic, the lower white layer is of pancake and upper red heart shape is cutlet.
- Sago/Sabudana – ½ cup
- Samak’s rice / saava – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Rock salt – 2 teaspoon
- Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Grated ginger – 2 Tsp
- Green Chillies – 1 Medium Shape
- Potatoes – 1 medium sized
- Beetroot – 1 small size
- Roasted foxnut/makhana powder – ½ cup
- Soak sago and samak rice for about 2-3 hours in 1/2 cup of curd.
- After 3 hours, stir the soaked mix nicely and add remaining 1/2 cup of curd to it.
- Blend the above mixture into a blender and make a fine paste. The consistency must be flowy to make the pancakes.
- Stir the batter continuously for around 4-5 minutes in order to make it fluffy.
- Now in the batter add 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp rock salt and finely chopped green chilies.
- Keep the batter for around 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, stir the batter again.
- Now heat a non stick pan and with the help of a ladle pour the batter mix on the pan and spread it like to make a pan cake.
- Flip and roast from both the sides.
- Grate boiled potato with the help of a grater.
- Add grated potato and grated beetroot to the bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Add roasted foxnut powder to the mixture.
- Add 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon green chilli and mix it.
- Mix everything nicely and pinch small balls and make a shape of small tikkis. you can give any desired shape by using a cookie cutter.
- Heat a non stick pan and roast from both sides until the color changes to golden. You can also deep fry them.
- Serve them with coriander chutney made with rock salt.
- ADJUST THE AMOUNT OF ROCK SALT AS PER YOUR TASTE.
- ALSO, YOU CAN ADD RED CHILI POWDER TO THE CUTLETS.