Kids always love to eat cheesy peasy mouth watering delicacies. They are generally bored with the monotonous routine of carrying parantha-sabji in their lunch boxes and of course every sunday they does not relishes usual poha, parantha or upma.
Today, i have got a recipe which would definitely curb the cravings of our kids and is a sure shot health booster for them. it is “cheese corn spinach sandwich“.
Yesssss, your mouth is watering just by the name.
Spinach…. how can i forget our Popeye 💪 who was always on to something after eating spinach.
- paneer 50gms
- After 7-8 minutes, take it out of flame and strain the corn with the help of a strainer.
- Now add little butter in a pan and heat it.
- Add the boiled corn and pureed spinach to it.
- Cook them for 2 minutes.
- Add grated paneer to it.
- Add white pepper and salt to it.
- Let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the bread slices and apply butter to one-one side of both the breads.
- Put spinach-corn mixture on the side where butter is applied and spread it properly.
- Now grate cheese on it and cover with the another bread slice.
- Now you can toast it on the tawa or in a toaster.
- I did it on non stick tawa. Cover it with a lid in order to get the cheese cooked nicely.
- Turn the sandwich and cook from the other side too.
- Soon you will observe cheese oozing out of the breads showing that it is nicely cooked.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve this gooey, cheesy sandwich hot.
- Using of butter throughout the process is completely optional. Those who are fitness freaks can completely omit this.
- Also for the fitness freaks, usage of cheese can be minimalised by adding half of paneer and half of cheese.
- I used white pepper because it tastes better than black pepper. But you can use black pepper too in the same quantity.
- You can also toast it in a grill sandwich maker to give it an added look.
- Blanching is a cooking process wherein the food substance, usually a vegetable or fruit, is scalded in boiling water, removed after a brief, timed interval, and finally plunged into iced water or placed .